Paolo Jommelli lives in Aversa, where he was born in 1965. Attentive to experimentation and expressive possibilities of the photographic language, in the eighties began his career as a professional photographer. After graduation, he attended the lectures of the photographer Mimmo Jodice at the Academy of Fine Arts in Naples. He later graduated from the University Federico II in Philosophy, with a thesis on "Myths and Symbols", and specializes in Visual Anthropology and a Masters in social photography. He is dedicated to a series of trials on photographic materials and the possibilities of photography, not as a merely descriptive, but as a creative tool. the philosophical background artist works with photography for years, paying peripheral vision to the daily and ordinary things and the human figure to bring into existence that which is struggling to appear, the unspoken, the neglected, the non-functional and denied. It has a particular interest in the historical and contemporary architecture, preferring the myths of classical antiquity and the Mediterranean. He stops above all where he meets a story to tell, an aspect of peculiar humanity, a fragment of exemplary life that may become the subject of discourse. The looks, if you build moods, feelings, light effects, especially creating speeches and stories. These are speeches and stories that tell of man. It was also responsible for printing and photography in black and white; currently she works as a freelance photographer, being interested mainly in metaphysics and social photography photography. She holds private courses as a professor of photography of works of art, with reference to the greek-Roman statues, digital and analogue photography.
MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL PHOTO AWARDS – MIFA 2106
HONORABLE MENTION categoria portfolio documentary professional “Former Psychiatric Hospital”
• MIFA photo Awards Collective Exhibition in Moscow dal 20 luglio 2016 al 07 agosto 2016 presso ArtGallery Nakashirke. Galleria “Na kashirke” Moscow.
• MIFA photo Awards Collective Exhibition in Moscow dal 24 ottobre al 24 novembre 2016, MIFA 2016 i vincitori saranno esposti in Exhibition Hall del museo storico di Novorossiysk sud della Russia nel quadro del Festival Internazionale di Fotografia Photovisa.
URBAN 2016 Photo Awards Contest – VII Edition – GALLERY WINNERS – Theme “The Street Photography”
• URBAN 2016 Photo Awards Collective Exhibition in Poland, Hungary and Slovenia.
• URBAN 2016 Photo Awards Collective Exhibition.:
• Circuito di mostre “itineranti” in giro per l’Europa. Questo circuito comprende mostre in POLONIA (Cracovia, Varsavia e Lodz), UNGHERIA (Budapest), CIPRO (Phapos),
• SLOVENIA (Capodistria), GERMANIA (Berlino).
• Il circuito terminerà al TRIESTE PHOTO DAYS 2016 Festival Internazionale di Fotografia dal 27 ottobre al 26 novembre 2016.
NEUTRAL DENSITY PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS 2016
EDITORIAL DOCUMENTARY - HONORABLE MENTION
Former Psychiatric Hospital
TOKYO INTERNATIONAL FOTO AWARDS 2016 - TIFA 2016
Categoria professional FineArt Landscape