born 1972 in the Ukrain, in the former Soviet Union. a second generation photographer.
Freelance photographer since 1995, working with Israel's leading newspapers.
Working on long-term social projects for magazines and Television.
Presented a number of local and international exhibitions.
Specialized in reportage,documentary and street photography.
Lately decided to dedicate myself to street photography in which i want to serve as a "public eye" ,conveying to us messages of the street's wisdom. These are multifaceted ,complex messages in which the senses work powefully conveying at high velocity the feeling of decisive moments of street and human life. The ability to see and connect with human situations is like a basic instinct, , like breathing , and the public eye is the medium through which the artist expresses his particular point of view.
-Born 1972 in The Ukraine, the USSR. At the age of 6 migrated to israel. For the next 32 years lived and worked in Israel.
Worked as instructor of B&W laboratory work at the "Creative Photography" School, in Tel Aviv.
Established- with a Dutch partner- a fashion photography studio in Milano, Italy and did work for leading fashion agencies in Italy.
Travelled in the Far East, Cuba, Middle East, and Europe, taking photographs and publishing occasionally in magazines. At that period I was registered with the Grazia Nerri agency in Italy.
-Documentary street a photographer, and a free-lance reporter , teacher of photography, lecturer. Autodidact.
- Documenting the life of fringe people ,by stills, video, and in writing through several long term projects.
- Does photography work for Israeli papers, weekly supplements, and television programs, all the while engaged in my own special private projects.
-Photographs and writes a weekly personal column for the internet photography magazine " Composizia".
- Contributes photography works and articles to magazines and newspapers in Israel and abroad , such as:
*La Republica, Italy
*Best Looking Magazine,Italy,
*Maarive Sofshavua, Israel,
*The Marker, Israel,
* Teva hadvarim ( The nature of things), Israel.
*Masa Akher ( Another Journey ), Israel,
* Time Out, Israel,
* Contributed work to the book Fotografos en la Kalle, Argentina.
*New Street Photographer's Manifesto Book – USA, UK.
-"The Street in the eye of the looker". Patisserie Mazarine,Tel Aviv,
-2008- "Local Testimony", Photographs published in the Israeli Press. Tel Aviv. Winner of 1st prize in the category "Series of the year",
-2009 "Local Testimony", 1st and 2nd prizes in the category of social photography
2011 – “Zoom – in poverty” CHINA
2012- “From distant streets” hertz galerie – USA (with “in-public” members)
2012 –“ ISRAELI – JAPANIESE moments” – shibuya TOKYO JAPAN
2012 “Local testimony” – 1st place
2012 - Citerna, Italy - "dwellers of the mugic car".
2013 - "Local testimony" - 1st prize for best serie
2013 - "portrait #2" - Beit berl
2014 - "Man,wind,water" - Herzelia Gallery (curator)
2014 - "Felix Lupa street photography" - Leica Gallery, prague.
-Camera Obscura art-photography school
-The Galitz Photography school, Tel Aviv, a course in documentary street photography,
- Photography school " Tzilum Baam" , Workshops,
-Lectures at various schools and photography clubs in Israel.
- Referee in social photography competition for endangered youth, Bat Yam.
Participation in television programs and interviews :
* News on channel 10 of the Israeli T.V.
* "Yoman" (Diary) program ,channel 1, Israeli T.V.,
*New on Channel 9 ( the Russian language channel),
*"On the Morning" program, channel 10,
"The Club" program, channel 23,
Projects of interest published recently:
* The Magic Car, the story of two homeless people, one elderly and the other blind ( In Ynet, and Connessomagaazine).
*The Zula, six month documentation of a group of homeless who who conducted communal life in a derelict, abandoned, house in the center of Tel Aviv. Published in Maariv's Sof Shavua, Ynet, Private-France.
* Narcomania- a six month's documentation of a burned, half ruined, factory structure, near the site of the previous central bus station of Tel Aviv, abandoned and taken over by groups of drug addicts. La Republica, Italy.
* The prostitutes' uprising, Maariv Sof-Shavua.
* Prostitutes against the suggested law for the "Incrimination of Clients". The Oshrat Kotler Saturday News program, Channel 10.